Sandrine Cranswick is an experienced mindfulness teacher with 25 years of meditation practice. She is registered on the UK Network Listing for Mindfulness Based Teachers. Sandrine adheres to the ‘Good Practice Guidelines for Mindfulness based teachers’ (engaged in a daily mindfulness practice, attending yearly mindfulness meditation retreats, an engagement with continuing personal and professional development and supervised by a teacher from the Mindfulness Network).
- Mindfulness Teacher Training (TTR1, TTr2, MBSR Specialist) with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University. CMRP is a recognised teacher training organisation with long standing connections with founding teachers of MBSR at the Center for Mindfulness, Massachusetts.
- ‘Dot b’ mindfulness training for teenagers with MISP (the Mindfulness in Schools Project)
- ‘Awareness Coaching Training’ Certificate from ‘London Meditation’, based on Insight Dialogue, to further develop the skills of Mindful and non-judgmental listening.
- Workplace Masterclass Programme – Teaching Mindfulness in the Workplace. OMC, Oxford University. (Current studies)
- Certified ‘Paws B’ mindfulness teacher for primary school pupils
Sandrine has been practicing meditation since 1994 under the guidance of qualified Buddhist masters. Since then she has a daily mindfulness and meditation practice and travels regularly for meditation retreats. She was encouraged by her teachers to teach mainstream mindfulness.
“Mindfulness practice gave me a wonderful tool for life; it has made a positive change to my way of dealing with life’s changes and difficulties. Mindfulness can be practiced on top of a mountain, on a bus, or while talking with someone- there are many ways to integrate it into daily life. I was very inspired by the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programme (MBSR), and felt the need to participate in bringing mainstream mindfulness into the general public. Both my parents have suffered from stress related illnesses. My father passed away when I was only 18. Mindfulness has helped me so much in so many areas of life for more than 2 decades. I wish to share this approach and practices with as many people as I can; to prevent illnesses, increase well-being, learn to cope, create harmony in relationships, still the mind, open the heart and overall increased life satisfaction”.
Background: Sandrine was born in France and did her degree in Drama and Performing Arts in Paris. She moved to the UK in 1995 to learn English and stayed in England ever since. For 17 years she worked in London as a P.A, manageress, as well as a coach for children and adults; specialised in the development of creativity and confidence; through voice, art work and mindfulness.
Sandrine moved to West Sussex in 2014 where she established ‘Mindfulness Midhurst’ and was invited to teach Mindfulness at Cowdray Hall, Midhurst West Sussex. She is delighted to run regular MBSR courses in this lovely place, as well as facilitating monthly sessions, retreat days and a weekly drop in meditation. Sandrine also teaches mindfulness in the workplace and in schools.