Mindfulness is now widely recognized and practiced as a powerful influence on one’s health, wellbeing and happiness. There are many courses now available and many articles written on mindfulness; you may feel unsure as to where to start.
This introduction session will give you;
- An experiential taste of mindfulness through short practices and exercises.
An understanding of:
- The origin of mindfulness, what it is and what it is not.
- The evidence-based benefits of mindfulness practice on our mental and physical wellbeing
- The contents of the world renowned 8 week MBSR course (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD from the University of Massachusetts Medical School) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy co-developed by Professor Mark Williams of Oxford University.
There will be opportunities for questions and discussions.
You will be given some notes at the end, with the summary of the session and further resources.
Venues: Classes are not held in person at present. Please contact us for online introduction sessions via Zoom, Skype or telephone.
- Cowdray Hall, Easebourne, Midhurst, GU29 0AW, West Sussex
- Wild Nest, Petersfield, Hampshire
Dates, timings and fees: Please check the booking page.
Tutor: This introduction is facilitated by Sandrine Cranswick, an experienced mindfulness teacher with over 26 years of meditation practice; Sandrine completed her teacher training with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University and is listed on the British Association for Mindfulness Teachers.
Testimonials for introduction sessions:
“Fabulous explanation of mindfulness and its application. Sandrine is obviously very knowledgeable and passionate on this subject and its benefits”. Sara
“A wondeful introduction – I felt welcome and changed throughout the evening from the stressed woman that walked in to a relaxed, hopeful and exited woman that left. Thank you!”
“Thank you Sandrine, a very enjoyable evening. I feel relaxed and inspired and very much looking forward to the course in February”.
Fee: Please book in advance via the booking page: Booking or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07976 751559