I hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine.
We are almost at the end of our spring mindfulness MBSR course. We have covered a lot of grounds so far; including recognising our autopilot mode and how to step out of it, noticing our habitual patterns, learning how to be more present, more embodied, aware of our experiences as well as learning practical tools to deal with our emotions and with life’s challenges. This week we are exploring how to look after ourselves – the first necessary step, if we wish to look after others in a more sustainable way.
If you wish to know more about any of the mindfulness courses I offer please do contact me. Meanwhile, you may be interested in some of the following mindfulness events coming up:
Summer mindfulness events:
– Refresher Sessions for any participants who have completed an 8 week MBSR course with Sandrine:
- Monday 2 July 7-9pm (Cowdray Hall Chapel, Parkway GU29 0AW, West Sussex).
- Wednesday 1st August 7.15-9.15pm (Cowdray Hall Chapel).
- Tuesday 11 September 7-9pm The Garden Room at Capron House, Midhurst.
Please book early if you wish to attend any of these refresher sessions. clickhere to book by email.
Private and small groups refreshers are also available at Cowdray Therapy Rooms.
– Mindfulness and Self-compassion weekend retreat with Zoe Shobbrook-Fisher Friday 20 to Sunday 22 July in Godalming: http://gomindfully.org/new-july-2018-retreat/ (2 spaces left!)
– A teaching day with Jack Kornfield! “Awaken Yourself, Transform the World: The Heart of Buddhist psychology” . Sunday 1st July, Alternatives, London. See link: https://www.alternatives.org.uk/event/awaken-yourself-transform-world-heart-buddhist-psychology
– Drop in Meditation Sessions with Sandrine, on Wednesdays 27 June, 11, 18 and 25 July, and 1st August all at the Chapel, Cowdray Hall 6-7pm. 29 August and 12 September 6-7pm at Capron House, Midhurst. (No session on 4 July, 8, 15, 22 August and 5 September). Free of charge. For more info please visit this page: http://www.mindfulness-midhurst.co.uk/drop-in-meditation-events/
– Introduction to Mindfulness. Tuesday 18 September 7-9pm, Cowdray Hall. http://www.mindfulness-midhurst.co.uk/introductory-sessions/
– Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction 9 Week Course: 2 October to 27 November on Tuesdays 7-9pm + all day 17 November. For more info or to apply please contact sandrine or visit the website: http://www.mindfulness-midhurst.co.uk/courses/mbsr/
– Mindfulness in Stillness and Movement: Saturday 13 October 2018 11am-5pm
A nurturing Autumn retreat day of mindfulness practices and gentle Qigong movements with Kim Lovelace and Sandrine. Cowdray Hall Meeting room. To apply and book Click Here
– One to One Mindfulness Coaching sessions available at Cowdray Therapy Rooms or home visits.
– Mindfulness in the workplace: If you wish to implement mindfulness in your workplace, or know more about the evidence-based benefits of mindfulness in the workplace do contact us. After a careful study of your work culture and discussions about your particular needs, I will shape a bespoke programme adapted to your workplace.
Short 3mins meditations are available on the Aura app: my channel is ‘Mind Fully Present’.
May your moments be filled with mindfulness; curiosity, kindness and compassion.
With warm wishes
Mindfulness Teacher MBSR
Summer Newsletter 2018