Mindfulness Midhurst was established in 2014.
Vision: Creating a mindful community in Midhurst and surrounding areas. Reaching out further afield to anyone who would benefit from mindfulness, through online courses.
Why? An increasing number of adults and children are suffering from mental health issues, starting at the age of 3. Most people live on automatic pilot, finding it difficult to cope with emotions, life events, work pressure, critical thoughts. All of these issues can be helped with the mindfulness approach and its practical tools.
How? Mindfulness Midhurst offers evidence-based mindfulness courses to various settings:
- Groups and One 2 One courses for the general public
- Implementation of mindfulness in primary schools (courses for teachers, pupils and parents)
- Bespoke courses for the workplace
- Stand alone events such as workshops, retreats, introduction sessions
- Supervision for mindfulness teachers and trainees
Ethos: Delivering certified courses of excellence, with a non-judgmental, kind and encouraging approach in a safe space.
Sandrine Cranswick is an experienced mindfulness teacher with 27 years of meditation practice. She is registered on the British Association for Mindfulness Based Approaches Bamba (UK Network for MB Teachers). Sandrine adheres to the ‘Good Practice Guidelines for Mindfulness based teachers’ (engaged in a daily mindfulness practice, attending yearly mindfulness meditation retreats, an engagement with continuing professional development and supervised by a teacher from the Mindfulness Network).
Mindfulness Teacher Training:
- Mindfulness Teacher Training (TTR1, TTr2, MBSR Specialist) with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University. CMRP is a recognised teacher training organisation with long standing connections with founding teachers of MBSR at the Center for Mindfulness, Massachusetts.
- ‘Dot b’ mindfulness training for teenagers with MISP (the Mindfulness in Schools Project)
- ‘Awareness Coaching Training’ Certificate from ‘London Meditation’, based on Insight Dialogue, to further develop the skills of Mindful and non-judgmental listening.
- Workplace Masterclass Programme – Certificate of Competency to Teach in the Workplace. OMC (Oxford Mindfulness Centre), Oxford University.
- Certified ‘Paws B’ mindfulness teacher for primary school pupils. MISP, The Mindfulness in Schools Project.
- Currently doing an M.A in mindfulness with Bangor University
- Trained to teach: ‘MBCT-L’, ‘Finding Peace in the Frantic World’ and ‘Taking it Further’ with Oxford Mindfulness Centre
Sandrine has been practicing meditation since 1994 under the guidance of qualified Buddhist teachers. Since then she has a daily mindfulness and meditation practice and travels regularly for meditation retreats. She was encouraged by her teachers to teach mainstream mindfulness.
Sandrine moved to West Sussex in 2014 where she established ‘Mindfulness Midhurst’ and was invited to teach Mindfulness at Cowdray Hall, Midhurst West Sussex. She runs regular 8 week mindfulness courses and events there as well as online. She also runs regular courses in local primary schools, in the workplace and offers supervisions for mindfulness teachers.
“Mindfulness practice gave me a wonderful tool for life; it has made a positive change to my way of dealing with life’s changes and difficulties. Mindfulness can be practiced on top of a mountain, on a bus, or while talking with someone- there are many ways to integrate it into daily life.
I was very inspired by the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programme (MBSR), and felt the need to participate in bringing mainstream mindfulness into the general public. Both my parents have suffered from stress related illnesses. My father passed away when I was only 18. Mindfulness has helped me so much in so many areas of life for more than 2 decades. I wish to share this approach and practices with as many people as I can; to prevent illnesses, increase well-being, learn to cope, create harmony in relationships, still the mind, open the heart, being more present and an overall increased life satisfaction”.
Background: Sandrine was born in France and did her degree in Drama and Performing Arts in Paris. She moved to the UK in 1995 to learn English and stayed in England ever since. For 17 years she worked in London as a P.A, manageress, as well as a coach for children and adults; specialised in the development of creativity and confidence; through voice, art work and mindfulness.